You could get 0x80070652 windows 10 update error while installation of new windows updates.
There could be different reasons to get this error, it could be because of your antivirus software,network issues, old update issues and many more.
So this article will help you resolve this issue on your Windows 10 computer.
If you are not a good reader, you can watch video to resolve this issue. Below is the video on the same topic.
There are different ways to resolve this issue and I will show you all of them in this article.
Method 1: to resolve 0x80070652 windows 10 update
Delete Software Distribution Folder
Whenever you gets any updates from Windows update site, it gets downloaded in Software Distribution Folder in your Windows 10 Computer.
Location for this folder is C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
You can simply Delete this folder or Rename it to create new One.
To do so, you have to firstly stop “windows update” service.
- Go to Run
- Type Services.msc
- Search for “Windows update” Service
- Click on Windows update service and Click on Stop on the Left Panel.
- Or Else you can Right Click and click on Stop.
Once you Stop Windows update service, you can Delete or Rename Software Distribution Folder from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution location and Restart the Windows Update Service from Sevices.msc
Method 2 : to resolve 0x80070652 windows 10 update
Windows 10 now has troubleshooter from every issues you come across, weather its, windows update,audio,Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and etc.
It also has troubleshooter for Windows updates and to run troubleshooter you have to follow below steps.
- Right click on the Windows
- Click on the Settings.
- In the settings Page, click on the Update & Security
- Or else, you can also search for “Troubleshoot Settings”.
- Once Troubleshoot page is Open,Click on Additional Troubleshooters.
- In the Additional Troubleshooters page,click on the Windows Update and then Run The Troubleshooter
- It will check if any issues on the System and will try to fix it.
Follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve 0x80070652 windows 10 update settings issue on windows 10 computer.